[hobbit] trends columns all turned purple

David Gore David.Gore at mci.com
Sat Apr 2 00:53:53 CEST 2005

David Gore wrote:

>> Yes one core file:
>>
>> hobbit at hobbit ~/server> find . -name core
>> ./tmp/core
>> hobbit at hobbit ~/server> file tmp/core
>> tmp/core:       ELF 32-bit MSB core file SPARC Version 1, from 'hobbitd'
>> hobbit at hobbit ~/server> ls -al tmp/core
>> -rw-------    1 hobbit   other     8322084 Apr  1 03:27 tmp/core
>>
>> I checked to make sure the lines were correct in maint.pl.  I am
>> reinstalling 4.0.1, again and will let you know how it goes.
>>
>> ~David
>>
>> Henrik Storner wrote:
>>
>>> OK, I think there are two completely un-related issues here.

>>> The "trends" don't go purple by themselves, they go purple because the
>>> bb-larrdcolumn tool doesn't update them.
>>>
>>> I'd like you to check for unusual messages in the
>>> /var/log/hobbit/bb-display.log file, and also for any core-files left
>>> behind from bb-larrdcolumn. They should be in the ~/server/tmp/
>>> directory, but please check in the ~/data/rrd/ directory also.

>>> The missing hosts on the maint.pl display sounds like you're still
>>> running the version of maint.pl that uses cookies to try and display
>>> only the hosts from the page you were on. This was removed in the 4.0
>>> release precisely because it was causing problems. Could you check
>>> your maint.pl script and see if lines 432-433 look like this:
>>>
>>>     432   # open (HOBBITDLIST, "bb ".$BBENV{'BBDISP'}."
>>> \"hobbitdboard ".$filter."\" |");
>>>     433   open (HOBBITDLIST, "bb ".$BBENV{'BBDISP'}." hobbitdboard |");
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Henrik
>>>
>>> To unsubscribe from the hobbit list, send an e-mail to
>>> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk
>>>

> New core and the purples are back:
>
> find -namehobbit at hobbit ~/server> find -name core -ls
> 141454 8024 -rw-------   1 hobbit   other     8207396 Apr  1 22:08
> ./tmp/core
> hobbit at hobbit ~/server> file ./tmp/core
> ./tmp/core:     ELF 32-bit MSB core file SPARC Version 1, from 'hobbitd'

More cores...

hobbit at hobbit ~> find -name core -ls
141462 9000 -rw-------   1 hobbit   other     9206820 Apr  1 22:37
./server/tmp/core
843033 1784 -rw-------   1 hobbit   other     1817864 Mar  2 08:20
./data/acks/core
910789  464 -rw-------   1 hobbit   other      465764 Apr  1 21:52
./data/logs/core
hobbit at hobbit ~> file ./data/logs/core
./data/logs/core:       ELF 32-bit MSB core file SPARC Version 1, from
'bb-larrdcolumn'
hobbit at hobbit ~> file ./server/tmp/core
./server/tmp/core:      ELF 32-bit MSB core file SPARC Version 1, from
'hobbitd'