Re: [hobbit] unable to monitor nfs with BB extension script

I resolved the "meta" issue with a simple change to the script to redirect STDERR to STDOUT when doing /usr/sbin/metahs -i.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [hobbit] unable to monitor nfs with BB extension script
From: Bill Wagner <william.wagner (at) ipacc.com>
To: hobbit (at) hswn.dk
Date: 8/26/2009 2:45 PM
Sorry for the delay in checking back, was off on other tasks for a while. I resolved the "nfs" script in a slightly different way. I noticed that $DF was being changed and $BBOSTYPE was not set the same when the BB extension script ran. So I changed the xymon bb-nfs-client.sh to define and use DFK="/bin/df -k" .

On a different issue, this one relates to the "meta" extension script. I have it working and displaying correct results within the web page, but it curiously writes "metahs: ftp04: no hotspare pools found" to the meta log each time it executes. Any ideas why?

Bill