Re: [hobbit] Runtime longer than time limit (300)

Josh Luthman wrote:
Even when blue Xymon does the tests.  If the server is offline it will
timeout on the DNS tests (as well as other tests obvIously).

No bug, expected behavior.

It taking 7 minutes to timeout still seems wrong. I also normally expect if a server is unreachable via ICMP it doesn't do further tests.

From what I can tell the DNS check comes from [bbnet] which I have at a default of 15:

[bbnet]
        ENVFILE /usr/local/www/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
        NEEDS hobbitd
        CMD bbtest-net --report --ping --checkresponse --timeout=15
        LOGFILE $BBSERVERLOGS/bb-network.log
        INTERVAL 5m

`bbtest.net --help` lists a --dns-timeout option but that says it defaults to 30, so something still seems wrong.

--Chris