Can't get msgs test to work with client in local mode

Hiya,

I'm trying to get the msgs test to work with Hobbit (xymon 4.2.3) in local
mode.

I've got the following in my clientlaunch.cfg

# The main client task
[client]
        ENVFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
        CMD $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/bin/hobbitclient.sh --local
        LOGFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/logs/hobbitclient.log
        INTERVAL 5m

Which is supposed to run the client with --local mode.

Other tests work.

Hobbit reports the status as "clear" with the message "The client did not
report any logfile data" no matter what is in /var/log/messages.

I've got

LOG /var/log/messages %error|ERROR

In etc/localclient.cfg

Other directives in localclient.cfg (for example PROC, or PORT) are
respected and appear to work as documented.

I think I've tracked down the problem to the $LOGFETCHCFG file never getting
created. I don't quite understand the code, but I think it's supposed to
fetch some config from the server into a file in
=$BBTMP/logfetch.$MACHINEDOTS.cfg, which never gets created.

This file is never created despite the server having the following in
client-local.cfg:

[linux]
log:/var/log/messages:10240
ignore MARK

The system is identifying itself as "linux".

Any ideas?

Regards

Mark