Re: [hobbit] Temperature Graphs

Patrick Nixon a écrit :
Hey all,
 I'm trying to monitor some temperatures from Windows boxes and I have
the external script set up to send the message to Xymon, and it's
trying to create the graph, but It's not seeing any data, even over
the course of several hours worth of data.

 Does anyone know the exact formatting necessary to create the graphs?

 Also, is it possible to graph multiple items on one graph?

Thanks!
--Pat

hobbit-unsubscribe (at) hswn.dk

Hi,

For your question about multiple items on one graph, you can do the followin instructions (from hobbitgraphs.cfg)

# For graphs that use multiple RRD files as input, you specify a filename
# pattern in the FNPATTERN statement, and optionally a pattern of files
# to exclude from the graph with EXFNPATTERN (see "[tcp]" for an example).
# When FNPATTERN is used, you can use "@RRDFN@" in the RRDtool definitions
# to pick up each filename. "@RRDIDX@" is an index (starting at 0) for each
# file in the set. "@RRDPARAM@" contains the first word extracted from the
# pattern of files (see e.g. "[memory]" how this is used). "@COLOR@" picks
# a new color for each graph automatically.

So, all you need is to have items in separates RRD files, using SPLITNCV_test instead of NCV_test in hobbitserver.cfg file.
Then follow the instructions.
My running configuration for this kind of graph (multiple items in 1 graph) is :

[hardware]
TITLE Temperatures
       YAXIS Celsius
       FNPATTERN hardware,(.*)_temperature.rrd