Re: [hobbit] 1 test, 1 graph, multiple lines

On Friday 16 January 2009 12:16:56 doctor (at) makelofine.org wrote:
> Hi !
> I'm new to this ML, and I'm almost a script dev (almost is the most
> accurate word in this mail).
> I created a script to monitor game servers activity. It reports the number
> of player on a server.
> The ouput is formated as it :
> &global_color $machine.$test <many words>
> &color server1 is OK|NOK Players: <INTEGER>
> I followed the ~(hobbit|xymon)/help/howtograph.html help file, and i get my
> graph when I monitor 1 game server. My script supports several game servers
> monitoring, but I can't find a way to have graph for all of them, like the
> http tests do (1 test, many URL tested, and one graph with all URL on it).
> Can someone help me ?

As long as you will not be changing the number of game servers you monitor,
send a status message like this:

&global_color $machine.$test <many words>
&color server1 is OK|NOK
server1_players: <INTEGER>
&color server2 is OK|NOK
server2_players: <INTEGER>

Make sure you have a new line after the last entry. Remove any rrd files if
you have changed the number of servers you want to graph.

Regards,
Buchan