[no subject]

/Johan

-----Original Message-----
From: Johan Sj=F6berg [mailto:johan.sjoberg (at) deltamanagement.se]=20
Sent: den 7 januari 2009 17:01
To: hobbit (at) hswn.dk
Subject: RE: [hobbit] Two DNS lookups for a server but one fails

Hi.

We have been experiencing another DNS check problem since the upgrade to =
Xymon 4.2.2. Since I upgraded, I sometimes get "Timeout (channel =
destroyed) Seconds: 4.999" on two DNS servers that are on an offsite =
location (connected over VPN). The problem started immediately after the =
update, so I think it is related. This never happened with 4.2.0. Has =
the timeout been changed in the new version?
Anyhow, I compiled and installed the new dns.c and have not experienced =
any "purple" issues. Now I will just wait and see if the DNS check =
alerts will continue to appear.

/Johan