Re: [hobbit] IPv6

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008, David A. Bandel wrote:

This is starting to become a priority for me.  I need to monitor my
ssh servers, but they all only respond now to ipv6, so I can't :-(.

It seems to me that it should be quite possible to monitor the servers without hobbit itself supporting ipv6. The only thing that's necessary is a host that has both ipv4 and ipv6 (that host can be the hobbit server) and acts as a gateway with the help of a little scripting. That should be no more difficult than monitoring Novell servers with IPX.

Ulric