Re: [hobbit] History File Management

Let me get this right, you're saying that on some (most, all) of your Hobbit client machines some log file(s) is/are growing to multiple GB in size? Which file(s) and can you post a few lines of the data?

David B. Ritch wrote:
I recently installed hobbit to monitor nodes in a cluster.  It's a very
good product - thanks to all who have worked on it!

I noticed after a while, that the hobbit home directory was growing in
an apparently boundless fashion.  On further investigation, I discovered
that on one server, my history files had grown to several gigabytes. After a while, this growth becomes unsustainable.

Am I doing something wrong?  How do others manage the growth of hobbit
history and log files?
I'm not referring to those in /var/log/hobbit - that's easy to handle
with logrotate.  I'm concerned about the directories associated with
each client under the server data directory.

Thanks!

David

hobbit-unsubscribe (at) hswn.dk

--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/richsmrcina

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2009 - Orlando, FL - May 15-19, 2009