Re: [hobbit] Hobbid_channel crashing on me

Henrik Stoerner wrote:

The slice I have the data on has a busy% between 16-88% depending on what's
going on (so yes, high I/O as well)

What's changed internally is that updates of the RRD files are now
cached for up to 30 minutes before being written to disk

This also means that when you shutdown Hobbit, you'll see that the
hobbitd_rrd process takes quite a long time to finish - it is busy
writing all of the cached updates to disk. On my work server, this takes about 5 minutes.

This is probably obvious, but if hobbit crashes or is rudely shutdown, we could lose up to 30 mins of data, right?
--
Tom Georgoulias
Sr. Systems Engineer