To: <hobbit (at) hswn.dk>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:43 PM
Subject: Re: [hobbit] Why BBSVCNAME,BBHOSTSVC invalid in my alert script?

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 08:03:06PM +0800, casedj wrote:
Hobbit 4.2.0 on RHEL4, BB client 1.08d on Windows XP cici.

hobbit-alerts.cfg:
 HOST=cici       SERVICE=procs,svcs
          SCRIPT /home/hobbit/server/etc/alert-svcs.sh  cici

Some environment variables,e.g,BBSVCNAME,BBHOSTSVC are used in alert
script,
but they actually weren't shown as specific service or process that
triggered
the alert while the service or process reached down, just generic string
procs.

alert-svcs.sh
#!/bin/sh
echo "$BBHOSTSVC   reached error  state" |write hobbit
echo "$BBSVCNAME   reached error  state" |write hobbit

The result displayed as below:

Message from hobbit (at) my_linux on <no tty> at 22:21 ...
cici.procs   reached error  state
EOF

Actually, that's exactly as it should be. BBHOSTSVC contains the
hostname "cici" AND the servicename "procs", joined together with a
dot. So an alert from hosts cici for the procs column has
BBHOSTSVC=cici.procs

BBSVCNAME is the service name, "procs" in this case:

Message from hobbit (at) my_linux on <no tty> at 22:21 ...
procs   reached error  state
EOF

which is what you also get.

If you want just the hostname, use BBHOSTNAME. See the hobbit-alerts.cfg
man page for a listing of what the various variables contain.

hobbit-unsubscribe (at) hswn.dk

----- Original Message ----- From: "Henrik Stoerner" <henrik (at) hswn.dk>