Re: [hobbit] stand-by hobbit

ye-fee liang a écrit :
First, many thanks for creating and maintaning Hobbit, a first-class product !!!
Got a question about running a stand-by (or secondary) hobbit server,
let say, I'm not ready/prepare to run a linux cluster, and would like a
backup server, just in case the primary server, serverA, is down
(due to failure or maintenance).

why don't you set up two hobbits servers (with perhaps an rsync script to synchronize automatically the conf) ?

you'll have two hobbit servers running in the same time (which can lead to duplicate alerts, but it's sometimes better to
be alerted two times).
So, I could just change serverB ip addr and name and reboot to become
the parimary.

hobbit-clients BBDISPLAY="1.2.3.4"

hobbit-serverA   (1.2.3.4)
BBSERVERIP="1.2.3.4"