Re: [hobbit] Re: Monitoring old hardware

On 9/20/06, Robert Herron <robert.herron (at) gmail.com> wrote:
I don't have one but this may help:

Per info in this doc
(http://www.hp.com/products1/evolution/e3000/download/mpeix70.pd),
a C compiler should be available.  How can you run Apache, Samba, BIND, etc
without a C compiler.

Other potential useful sites:
MPE/iX and HP e3000 Technical Documentation
http://docs.hp.com/en/mpeixall.html

HP MPE/iX software
http://www.hp.com/products1/evolution/e3000/mpeix/index.html

Perl for HP e3000 MPE
http://www.bixby.org/mark/perlix.html

According to the account manager:

 "the problem is the 'df,' uptime, etc. aren't recognized by MPE"

so I guess that limits what the compiled client would be able to do anyway...

Now, if I can just get them to let me have access to their precious
development system... :)

I think I'm just going to have to stick to the SNMP query - at least I
get uptime from it.  I *think* I also get NIC throughput and some kind
of disk stats, but I'm not sure how much use the raw numbers are.

Thanks anyway, everybody.

Ralph Mitchell