Re: [hobbit] Hobbit and bb-central

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 06:05:06PM -0400, Michael A. Price wrote:
> Henrik,
>
> Thanx so much for getting back to me so quickly. The problem is that I
> am running a very, very secure version of Linux called Secure Platform
> from Checkpoint.
> They made their own gcc libraries and compiler and Make is not
> installed. So I downloaded "Make" and tried compiling it and when i try
> and run ./configure it breaks because the C-compiler is not allowed to
> create executables. I cant upgrade the libraries because it will break
> the software.

OK, the best bet then is probably to build the binaries on another
system, and link them statically. I.e. find a linux box where you can
build the Hobbit client. Run the normal "./configure --client", then
edit the generated Makefile and near the bottom right after where it
says
   # Add local CFLAGS etc. settings here
add this line:
   CFLAGS=-static

Then run "make" as usual and "make install", then you should be able to
just copy the client directory to the secured servers.