Re: [hobbit] Increate the number of OS presence on http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/

From: "Ralph Mitchell" <ralphmitchell (at) gmail.com>
To: hobbit (at) hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] Increate the number of OS presence on http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 08:54:44 -0500

On 9/5/06, T.J. Yang <tj_yang (at) hotmail.com> wrote:
Currently on http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/servers/servers.html, it only show
one type of Linux OS.

Understand that it would be tough for Henrik to have all kind of different
OS in his test network.
Is it possible we can contribute to provide a comprenhsive list of OS hobbit
client can run on ?
Since hobbit support "pull", we should be able to contribute the different
OS running hobbit client from our home test network.

I have both server and client Hobbit running on both x86 and Sparc Gentoo Linux systems. They're all behind multiple layers of firewalls, though, so there's no hope of anyone outside pulling info from them... :)

For OS on intel cpu, it is easier becuase we can use free vmware server to host
lots of OS types and keep one intel box on all the time is affordable.

Problem is OS and versions running on sparc,parisc and other CPUs, it will be expensive
to keep those machines on even hardware are avaiable.

Regards

tj yang

Ralph Mitchell

hobbit-unsubscribe (at) hswn.dk