Re: [hobbit] Problem with multiple BBDISPLAYS

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Werner (gmail Lists) wrote:

	Maybe (to avoid server/bbgen crash), bbgen could use the "ping"
command agains the listed servers, to be sure it's a hobbitd server and
not a BB or BB variant.

From Henrik's explanation it seems that there was no crash, just a quirk resulting from my mixing Hobbit and Big Brother servers. Adding that behaviour to the hobbitserver.cfg manpage should be enough, I think.

"If both Big Brother and Hobbit servers are listed by BBDISPLAYS, the first address must be a Hobbit server."

Or something to that effect.

Ulric