Re: [hobbit] "ports" RRD graph not showing up

I don't use HOST= in my working PORT tracking. I agree with Greg on doing it
via the RegExp itself.

The problem with that is, it will perform the PORT test on all of the machines under the HOST= section the test is under. I don't want this, as only one of the machines actually has the ports running. I haven't had a problem using HOST= in this manner before, and it's described in the "rules to select hosts" section in the manpage for hobbit-clients.cfg

minor thing: not so sure TRACK= can take all numeric or not.
I believe your RegExp needs (). Mine goes like below. I have PORT column
show and alerts generated, plus RRD graph for counting of TIME_WAIT
connections to
 PORT LOCAL=%([.:]3306)$ STATE=TIME_WAIT MIN=0 MAX=10000 COL=yellow
TRACK=db_TimeWait TEXT=db_TimeWait

I was wondering that myself. I'll try changing to TRACK= to be character-based and see if that helps.