Re: [hobbit] Setting client "class" for log file monitoring

On 8/23/06, Gary B. <gmbfly98 (at) gmail.com> wrote:

> The client by default uses the "uname -s" output, which will be > "linux". If you launch the client with > ~hobbit/client/runclient.sh --os=rhel3 > then it will use the [rhel3] setting. The list --os names is restricted > though, so for a more generic solution you can define your own "classes" > and run the client with a "--class=MYCLASS" option; then it will use > the [MYCLASS] section.

Is there a way to make the "--class=MYCLASS" option permanent when
starting a client?  That is, do you have to specify --class everytime
you use "runclient.sh", such as stopping, starting, restarting, etc?

And as a correllary to this, is there any way to set the class option remotely? (I dont have access to several of the systems the client is running on..)

--
--==[ Bob Gordon ]==--