Re: [hobbit] Feature Request: Notification Log Report

From: henrik (at) hswn.dk (Henrik Stoerner)
To: hobbit (at) hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] Feature Request: Notification Log Report
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 12:34:54 +0200

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 05:13:11AM -0500, T.J. Yang wrote:

> By displaying raw notification.log text file,
> I can quickly confirm if bb server really send email alert to the resolver
> group's pager.
>
> I found this is quite useful in for system monitor administrator to make
> sure bb server's bbwarnrules.cfg is functional.

You mean you don't trust the alert summary on the "info" column page?

http://tyge.sslug.dk/hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOST=www.linuxforum.dk&SERVICE=info

I like this page.
Do you have a info page that show differen procs/disk has different recipients ?
This will be a good demo of my previous question reqarding to different process alert
different recipient.

> Can hobbit server add a notification report under "Reports" ?

I've had a task for sometime now to generate an "Incident" reporting
feature, where you get a chronological summary of what happened
during an incident: When it started, when it was acknowledged, what
alerts were sent out, when it recovered. This basically means picking
out data from several logs, including the notifications logfile.

Would that cover your needs also?

This exceed my request, even better. I need a page to see the log of all alerts and their paging/email got sent at what time. It is good for incident reivew.

To unsubscribe from the hobbit list, send an e-mail to hobbit-unsubscribe (at) hswn.dk