Re: [hobbit] Disable Full Log output on the msgs test

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 11:18:30AM -0400, Aiello, Steve (GE, Corporate, consultant) wrote:

> I am curious to the reason of the Full Log display. Would it be when a
> Alert match is found you can see the other log entries surrounding that
> long entry ?

The idea is that when you're troubleshooting a problem, having access to
the latest data from the logs can be helpful. There could be something
in that logfile that gives you a hint about what's wrong, even if though
it isn't something that you explicitly want to trigger a yellow or red
alert.

In other words, if I can figure out what a problem is from clicking on
the "msgs" display, then I don't have to logon to the server (via one
or two terminal servers).

> My concern is if I have 5+ log files being monitored, the msgs report
> may bury the user with too much information.

True. I should probably provide some way of just having the links to the
full logs instead of always including them on the msgs display.