[no subject]

> How stable is the Solaris version?

Rock-solid.

> Is there a client for Mac OSX?

Yes. It will run the Hobbit server also, if you want to.

> Is Hobbit like BB in the sense that you can change paths to system
> binaries like grep and sed to allow easy use on other UNIXes like OSX?

Adding a client for a new OS will require implementing both a
client-side script to collect whatever data is interesting for this
system, and implementing the data parsing on the Hobbit server-side.
So it is somewhat more challenging. But since Hobbit already supports
all of the common Unix systems, I doubt that you will need to worry
about that. If you do have a system which is not on the list, I will
help you with adding support for it.

> When will 4.2 be officially released as a production version?

Probably by the end of this week.

> Since we have a working BB setup for now, I need to
> decide if I should try to start migrating now or if I should wait some
> time for Hobbit to develop more before I migrate from BB.

I don't think you have to wait. But it's for You to decide.