Re: [hobbit] Windows Client

Le 01/08/2006 08:20, Everett, Vernon a écrit :
Hi all
I have been asleep for a while, and not monitoring what's been going on, but can anybody tell me the status of the Windows client?
When I last paid close attention to the list, the client was in beta, and if I recall, did a pretty OK job. (I installed it on a test system)
But that was at the old job.
New job, new Hobbit installation, and the Windoze crowd want to see the client.
What's news?

Hi

beta version 0.8 should be released today : http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=23853825&forum_id=48173

This is the actual change log for BBWin 0.8 :

BBWin 0.8 Preview version - XX July 2006
-------------------

+ New Features
* svcs agent has now a delay setting which tell the agent to do not
  monitor the Windows services for a short time after the startup
  of the computer
* Msgs agent have priority and count options
* You may use environment variables for hostname and paths settings
(registry and BBWin.cfg)
* Cpu agent can monitor uptime like the original Big Brother client
* Cpu agent reports usage for each cpu
*
+ Updates
* cpu agent on multi processor computers is now sending the correct cpu
  usage
* disk is now reporting correctly disk which had a size smaller than 1 mb
* autoreload is now on by default
* BBWin doesn't exits any more on errors
* Msgs default delay for match rules may be overridden by a generic setting

--

Frédéric Mangeant

Steria EDC Sophia-Antipolis