Re: [hobbit] suggestion on command pathes in hobbitclient-$BBOSTYPE.sh

Henrik Stoerner wrote:
On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 09:00:43AM +0200, Dominique Frise wrote:

We compiled Hobbit on one reference client per OS and distributed the client installation from there (we use sunos, darwin, linux -rhel2, rhel3, rhel4, debian-)
We then noticed than several clients did not find commands like "netstat" or "ifconfig". Depending on OS release the inherited PATH for the user running Hobbit can be different. We had to hack hobbitclient-{sunos|linux|darwin}.sh
to put the full pathes to these commands.

Now my suggestion:
------------------
Would it be possible to add the full path for all commands in
hobbitclient-$BBOSTYPE.sh?

I'd rather not do that, because it becomes very difficult to maintain.
Instead, I'd suggest that you put the necessary PATH setting in the
~client/etc/hobbitclient.cfg file.

I've added a PATH="/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/etc" to the default
client configuration.

Much better solution I agree ;-)

Thanks.

Dominique