Re: [hobbit] Kernel crash

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 10:20:19AM -0400, Michael Frey wrote:
> System is a VMware image of Linux Red Hat 7.2
>
> 12 hours after upgrading to the latest Hobbit, I get the following:
[snip image of kernel crash]

Amazing - you dont see those very often.

The crash happens in the journaling code of the ext3 filesystem.
Supposedly, this is with the original kernel shipped with your
Red Hat 7.2? I cannot even remember what this was - and Red Hat
only has updates available for their enterprise releases now.

It's interesting that hobbitd_rrd can trigger it, but it's really
a kernel bug. And I'm pretty sure any Linux kernel developer would
start out with "get an updated kernel installed" before bothering
to look at it.