Re: [hobbit] Features request.

On 9/28/05, Henrik Storner <henrik (at) hswn.dk> wrote:
> In <433A97A3.5070309 (at) lmco.com> Michael Nemeth <michael.nemeth (at) lmco.com> writes:
>
> >Henrik Storner wrote:

> >>The simplest solution: Setup a server identical to your Hobbit server,
> >>and rsync the server/etc/ and data/{hist,rrd,tmp} periodically from
> >>your main server. If the main server dies, start Hobbit on the spare
> >>box.
> >>
> >Well no rsync  for hp-ux 11.  I might be able to rcp/scp . I don't have
> >another HP  set up as a server identical to my Hobbit server.
>
> rsync is reasonably portable. If you could compile Hobbit on HP-UX,
> I'd think you could also compile rsync.

Yes, rsync _should_ compile on hp-ux, but I can't confirm. However, I
use the depot package from here:

http://gatekeep.cs.utah.edu/hppd/hpux/Networking/Admin/rsync-2.6.6/

I am running:

HP-UX presap B.11.11 U 9000/785

Once you have it installed all you'd need to do is sync the important
files (bb-hosts, etc) like Henrik said. I use a combination of rdist
and rsync to push my bb/hobbit configuration around to 90+
hosts(linux, solaris, hpux, bsd), and it works well.

-Dan