Re: [hobbit] Features request.

Henrik Storner wrote:

In <432AAC9D.1070008 (at) lmco.com> Michael Nemeth <michael.nemeth (at) lmco.com> writes:

I complete lost my hobbit server for a day. Is there any work done on setting up fail over servers?
I got my server back and backed up all my custom and config files so I can now reproduce my setup.
But a true fail over server is needed.

The simplest solution: Setup a server identical to your Hobbit server, and rsync the server/etc/ and data/{hist,rrd,tmp} periodically from your main server. If the main server dies, start Hobbit on the spare box.

Well no rsync for hp-ux 11. I might be able to rcp/scp . I don't have another HP set up as a server identical to my Hobbit server.
Ive a sun but I don't think the rrds would work . Anyone know if this is so?

Next I just added 87 clients as a test. I may want to remove them. Yes I CAN write a script to do the drop and
Im not worried about editing the bb-host file, but maybe the the enable/disable gui could be extended to include
a drop feature or a separate GUI? Im not one for GUIs but others will be admining this too.

It's a "nice to have" thing. Not difficult, just need a day or two to implement it.

Great!  in 4.1.2 ?

Disk test be nice all three number could be put in a graph:
$ /usr/bin/df -Pk
Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on
/dev/vg00/lvol4 19532 5183 14349 27% /home00

The "used" and "Capacity" columns are currently tracked. Do you want to track the "Available" count also ? It *can* be done by a bit of math in the graph definition.

Yes, for disk1 type graphs , actually maybe a "new" disk2 type that would graphs all three per FS .
Its a management pleaser thing.

Some one ask about having required fs , what the status on this.

It's in 4.1.2.

There is an old unix program out there called Watcher. One nice feature was it alerted you to large changes.
Like a FS grew or decreased by 5% or 1G . (Or decreased by 100% ;rm -rf *!!

Could be useful, but I'll leave that for later.

OK . It IS useful . Here is the link to watcher : http://www.i-pi.com/watcher.html

How about move or duplicating the tip:
What do the little red/yellow/green icons mean ?
on the web page in the head or footer ?

Took me a while to find it. These are a BIG selling point for hobbit; visual impaired and color blind people are
provided for! Big issue for large corps!

I prefer to keep the pages as clean as possible, but feel free to customize the templates any way you like :-)

Fair enough. But how as a separate help item ; legend . I would prefer if to be in there header, click on it and it display the page. IM ALWAYS ask what they are.

To unsubscribe from the hobbit list, send an e-mail to hobbit-unsubscribe (at) hswn.dk