Re: [hobbit] HPUX Client problems

CLIENT:foo worked -- thanks for the fqdn info :)

Also, did you ever have any ideas on what might be my problem with the rrd graphs (see http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2005/09/msg00228.html)

Thanks again for your help,
Adam

Henrik Stoerner wrote:

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 03:16:24PM -0500, Adam Scheblein wrote:

I recently put the HPUX client onto 5 11.11 boxes and the clients seem to be running, but the server (running the latest snapshot) is not reporting that it is getting any information from these servers. I have tried looking in the logs, and there doesn't seem to be anything out of place... Any ideas??

The most common cause of this is that the hostname used by the clients doesn't match what's in your bb-hosts file on the server.

The clients pick up the hostname reported by "uname -n" - and often,
that is without the domain part. So your clients are reporting as
host "foo", but the Hobbit server expects it to be "foo.bar.com".

Either run the client with "--hostname=foo.bar.com", or put a
"CLIENT:foo" tag on the host in the bb-hosts file on the Hobbit server. (Note that the --hostname commandline option goes on the
runclient.sh command that starts the client, and it is only available with the client version from the snapshots - not in the 4.1.1 clients).

Regards, Henrik

To unsubscribe from the hobbit list, send an e-mail to hobbit-unsubscribe (at) hswn.dk