Re: [hobbit] BB / Hobbit setup : bbproxy, bbrelay, etc.

Hi,
I am running a similar setup. Only difference is that I have srv3 opgraded to hobbit.

You can run BBNET and BBPROXY on one server without any problem, you need to DISABLE the hobbitd and remove the need statement on BBNET but it will run just fine.

On srv3 you will need to setup BBPAGER for all hosts/services tested from srv2 as hobbit does not send pages to srv1. Additionally you may need to update your clients with the second BBDISPLAY server IPs or the BBPROXY and then configure BBPROXY to send mesages to srv1+srv3

Last but not least, a word of warning... I have many problems with purple events circulation from BB to hobbit. An anouyance (sp?) that will push me to upgrade all servers to hobbit.

BR Thomas

Frédéric Mangeant wrote:

Hi Henrik

I'm still moving from BB to Hobbit and need some light...

Here's my current setup :

- srv1 : "master" BB server (BB 1.9e w/ bbgen 3.6), act as BBDISPLAY, BBNET and BBPAGER
- srv2 : Hobbit 4.1.1, act as BBPROXY (forwards "status" and "page" to srv1)
- srv3 : BB 1.9e w/ bbgen 3.6, act as BBDISPLAY, BBNET, BBPAGER plus BBRELAY (forwards "status" to srv1)

I would like to :
- run all of my paging scripts on srv1
- replace BB with Hobbit on srv3

I'm not sure of the best way to do it...

First of all, is this setup supported ? Should I run Hobbit with only [bbproxy] and [bbnet] tasks, or something else ?

Many thanks in advance for your answer.

Regards,