Re: [hobbit] problem with disk test display

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 04:50:54PM -0400, Larry.Barber (at) usda.gov wrote:
> Henrik, it appears that having partitions removed from a Linux/Unix
> system messes up the disk drive display. The disk test continues to
> display the removed partitions (at least in the legend), but at the
> expense of not displaying all of the current partitions. In order to
> display all of the current partitions you have to manually remove
> the .rrd files that correspond to the removed partitions.

Ah yes - this is probably the same bug that Pat Vaughan reported
earlier today.

> Evidently the program just goes through the .rrd files until it has
> read the same number of files as there are lines in the report from
> the client.

That's precisely what it does.

> It might be better to read all the .rrd files, regardless
> of number, or to check that the .rrd file corresponds with a line in
> the disk test data.

That is a bit more work, and for sites running hobbitd_filestore with
the "--html" option to save the HTML status log every time a status
message is received it will be a performance killer. But I don't know
of anyone who does that - it really doesn't make sense with Hobbit.

Next problem is that the hobbitsvc CGI that generates the HTML for the
status logs doesn't know anything about how RRD files map to graphs.
That's done by the hobbitgraph CGI....

So it's a simple problem that requires some re-shuffling to fix.

Henrik