Re: [hobbit] Monitoring filesystems?

Don't you love it when someone answers his own post for help ?

The issue was that both bb-nfs and network2 rely on ksh, which wasn't installed on the fileserver. linking to bash worked. So it was indeed something obvious.

Thanks to all, especially Henrik, for a great tool.

Chuck Morrison wrote:

On a similar line of thought. I've been trying to set up our fileserver (NFS and SAMBA on Fedora core 2 Linux) to show nfs exports using network2.sh and/or bb-nfs. Neither one is showing on the hobbit monitor, nor are files being generated in the hobbit server's data/hist or data/histlogs directories. Oddly, I have the network2.sh working on numerous other servers and it works fine. Those are also RedHat variants, mostly CentOs. The setups in bb-bbexttab and bbsys.local are identical to the ones that work, network2.sh exists with proper permissions and I've restarted the client and server scripts numerous times. The startup of bbclient on the fileserver shows that network2.sh is one of the external scripts that is started.

Am I missing something obvious here ?

Rolf Schrittenlocher wrote:

Hi,

It would be fairly easy to add a check in the client disk handler so that you could configure certain filesystems that must be present in the disk status report.

Right now the client config goes like

   disk /export/home  80 95

which as you say just defines the thresholds. We could add a "required"
keyword after the thresholds and if it's there, then the disk status
will go red if it's not there - same as we do for the process checks.

we would appreciate this feature!

Rolf Schrittenlocher

HRZ/BDV, Senckenberganlage 31, 60054 Frankfurt
Tel. Sammelnr. LBS: (49) 69 - 798 28830
Fax: (49) 69 798 28817
LBS: lbs-f (at) mlist.uni-frankfurt.de

Persoenlich: schritte (at) rz.uni-frankfurt.de
Tel: (49) 69 - 798 28908

To unsubscribe from the hobbit list, send an e-mail to hobbit-unsubscribe (at) hswn.dk

hobbit-unsubscribe (at) hswn.dk