[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [hobbit] HOBBIT 4.0.3 build issue on hp 11.0
- To: hobbit (at) hswn.dk
- Subject: Re: [hobbit] HOBBIT 4.0.3 build issue on hp 11.0
- From: Kevin Pye <kevin.pye (at) gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 16:31:05 +1000
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=cpc3H31Bv1QUFCQjWT5Qa7sBTDdSXheXSHGn8PnSmc41UaQZnuDCPeBGRb3vVIPT+iLZ87EFD9Pd+MDIsY0jr5GC0Z8JO4F0+ZtA2++4jBCLmmjOifr95ktvNl7LTST9qpw12bGYI/83hTc3cQS6v+GrZsDRer/ePJPGsYH4FWQ=
- References: <96307D39C221F14D944CF71546AC95910448F9@MC4EXCH02.mcdata.com> <20050519181259.GA24954@hswn.dk> <4291BA39.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Okay, things have been a tad busy for the last few weeks, but I
finally managed to find time to investigate this a little more.
Compiler version B.11.11.04, fully patched, fails.
Compiler version B.11.11.12, fully patched with patch PHSS_32509, ...
If you really want to compile this with the HP compiler, try this
1. Attempt to compile normally. The compiler will fail on lib/environ.o
2. Delete lib/environ.o
3. Edit build/Makefile.HP-UX and delete the "-O" from the CFLAGS line.
4. Run make again. You may abort this run as soon as environ.c has compiled.
5. Make a secure copy of lib/environ.o
6. Run "make clean"
7. Put the copy of lib/environ.o back
8. Edit build/Makefile.HP-UX and add the "-O" back into the CFLAGS line
9. Run make.
Alternatively you could compile everything without optimisation.
Whether the resultant binaries will run I haven't had time to check.