[Xymon] Extra lines for non-existent data

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Thu Mar 23 15:46:28 CET 2017

Hi

I'm sure this has been discussed previously, but I don't know if there was
a fix or a work-around.

I have a few graphs that Xymon wants to show over multiple graphs. In the
example below, this is happening for two different graph definitions.The
second of each graph has no data, and so the graphs are broken.

[image: Inline images 1]

In the first of the two graphs (in each case) the URL for the graph image
contains "first=1&count=5". The second, broken, graph image URL contains
"first=6&count=5". Each of these graph definitions, in graphs.cfg, uses one
RRD file per DEF, where each RRD file has only one data series (named
"lambda").

I seem to recall that when xymongen is constructing the URLs for the
images, it has to make a guess about how many to include, based on how many
lines it things there might be, and that guess is not always accurate. Is
there a way to provide hints to xymongen about the number of lines in a
graph? I also seem to recall that Devmon managed to work around this
problem, but I don't know how, or if the same technique can be applied
outside of Devmon.