[Xymon] Clientlog in UTF8

zak.beck at accenture.com zak.beck at accenture.com
Wed Mar 22 11:03:58 CET 2017

Hi Luboš

I think you’re talking about the ASCII encoding in function XymonSend.

I don’t know the reason for choosing ASCII encoding, that code was written before I was involved.

If the server can accept UTF-8 on all platforms then there is no reason why it should not be changed – maybe one of the server developers (Japheth ?) could comment?

Zak