[Xymon] ext script does not run on client restart

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Sun Mar 5 21:43:54 CET 2017

Did you look in your $XYMONCLIENTHOME/logs/hobbit-patch.sh log file? Probably should rename that .log.

Also, you could just do a $XYMONCLIENTHOME/bin/xymoncmd $XYMONCLIENT/HOME/ext/hobbit-patch.sh to get it to run.

-----Original Message-----
From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Iain M Conochie
Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2017 3:09 PM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: [Xymon] ext script does not run on client restart

Hi

   I have an ext script to check for the status of available patches on
my hosts. Once I have updated the patches, I restart the xymon-client so
that the test will go green again. Occasionally the ext script will not
run on restart. Is there a way I can debug what the xymon client is
choosing to run? How does xymon track the interval after a restart? My
clientlaunch fragment looks like:

[patches]
         ENVFILE $XYMONCLIENTHOME/etc/xymonclient.cfg
         CMD $XYMONCLIENTHOME/ext/hobbit-patch.sh
         LOGFILE $XYMONCLIENTHOME/logs/hobbit-patch.sh
         INTERVAL 6h

Client version:

ii  xymon-client                   4.3.17-6+deb8u1          amd64
client for the Xymon network monitor

Thanks for any advice!

Iain