[Xymon] XymonPSClient and updating

zak.beck at accenture.com zak.beck at accenture.com
Fri Sep 9 09:53:22 CEST 2016

Hi

See 'clientversion' in the XymonPSClient doc
(https://sourceforge.net/p/xymon/code/HEAD/tree/sandbox/WinPSClient/XymonPSC
lient.doc) - it's a directive you add to client-local.cfg.

clientversion

clientversion:VERSION:UPDATE_LOCATION:HASH:HASHVALUE

Used to specify the version of the script the client should be running. If
the client is running a lower version, it will attempt to retrieve the
correct version from the location given and restart. If the client version
is equal to or greater than the specified version, no action is taken.

Update checks run on "slow scan" executions - by default, approximately
every 6 hours.

The update location should work with an UNC path, but you can also use it
with a http or https location - this is how we use it as we have servers
spread across different VLANs and file shares won't work for us.

Auto-update was added roughly around version 1.5 so your existing clients
will need to be running at least 1.5 for this to work. Older versions will
need manual updating. From version 2.05 you can start to use the update
hashing facility to check that downloaded updates are correct (not
corrupted).

Zak