https test shows up as white icon and no alerts

usa ims usaims at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 21:45:08 CEST 2016

Hi,
In my hosts.cfg I test 4 web sites by their URL but only two works as expected by turning red and alerting. But the Washington and Illinois does not alert nor turn red -- it indicates a true error by stating 'DNS error' but it turns white or clear and does not alert. Does anybody have a clue? I have masked the URL for security reasons.
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  Illinois    #illinoisapitest https://xxx.xxx.xxx.gov NOCOLUMNS:info,trends,clientlog,ports,procs,files,inode,conn  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx    Washington  #washingtonapitest https://wslcb.xxx.com    NOCOLUMNS:info,trends,clientlog,ports,procs,files,inode,connxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx      NewMexico   #newmexicoapitest https://xxx.xxx.xxx.org NOCOLUMNS:info,trends,clientlog,ports,procs,files,inode,conn  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx    Arcata  #arcataapitest https://www.xxx.com NOCOLUMNS:info,trends,clientlog,ports,procs,files,inode,conn