[Xymon] Configure per-host filesystem threshold

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Sat Oct 22 01:18:30 CEST 2016

On Fri, October 21, 2016 6:00 am, Mike Burger wrote:
> On 2016-10-21 1:59 am, Andy Smith wrote:
>> Seip, Christopher (HPN SIS team) wrote:
>>> An update:
>>>
>>> This was an apt-managed package named "xymon" (4.3.25) for Ubuntu.
>>>
>>> I just compiled and installed Xymon 4.3.27; it exhibits the same
>>> behavior, so this strongly looks like I'm doing something wrong in the
>>> xymon configs.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> - Chris
>>>

>>> Root-# egrep -v '^#' /usr/local/xymon/server/etc/analysis.cfg
>>>
>>> HOST=fqdn.of.my.monitored.host
>>> 	DISK /disk/data 96 98
>>>

>>> DEFAULT
>>> 	# Ignore some usually uninteresting tmpfs mounts.
>>> 	DISK    /dev IGNORE
>>> 	DISK    /dev/shm IGNORE
>>> 	DISK    /lib/init/rw IGNORE
>>> 	DISK    /run IGNORE
>>> 	# These are the built-in defaults. You should only modify these
>>> 	# lines, not add new ones (no PROC, DISK, LOG ... lines).
>>> 	UP      1h
>>> 	LOAD    5.0 10.0
>>> 	INODE	* 70 90
>>> 	MEMPHYS 100 101
>>> 	MEMSWAP 50 80
>>> 	MEMACT  90 97
>>>
>>> Root-#

Also: Can you confirm that your client is running in the default
server/centrally-configured mode -- that is, without the "--local" option.
That can sometimes be a trip-up for people coming directly from BB. In
that mode, the localclient.cfg file on the client is used for evaluation
and processing via analysis.cfg never happens.

It's also helpful when debugging thresholds to validate through
xymond_client that it's doing what you're thinking it's doing. You can
have it dump its (processed) config by running:

xymoncmd xymond_client --dump-config | grep DISK

HTH,
-jc