[Xymon] Re-trigger alert

Scot Kreienkamp Scot.Kreienkamp at la-z-boy.com
Wed Oct 19 19:24:07 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm creating a test for failed jobs in one of our systems.  The monitor will turn red on the failed job, then stay red until the failed job is resolved.  The problem is that if a second job were to fail no additional notification would go out from xymon for the second job failure because the test is already red.  Is there any way to force a resend of the alert short of going red-green-red again?  I send recovery alerts, so I don't want to go the red-green-red route as that could give some users receiving the alert the impression that it was already resolved.

Thanks!

Scot Kreienkamp | Senior Systems Engineer | La-Z-Boy Corporate
One La-Z-Boy Drive | Monroe, Michigan 48162  | * 734-384-6403 | | * 7349151444 | *  Scot.Kreienkamp at la-z-boy.com<mailto:%7BE-mail%7D>
www<http://www.la-z-boy.com/>.la-z-boy.com<http://www.la-z-boy.com/> | facebook.<https://www.facebook.com/lazboy>com<https://www.facebook.com/lazboy>/<https://www.facebook.com/lazboy>lazboy<http://facebook.com/lazboy> | twitter.com/lazboy<https://twitter.com/lazboy> | youtube.com/<https://www.youtube.com/user/lazboy>lazboy<https://www.youtube.com/user/lazboy>

[cid:lzbVertical_hres.jpg]

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  It may contain privileged, confidential information which is exempt from disclosure under applicable laws.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing this information (other than to the intended recipient) or copying this information.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail or by telephone at the above number. Thank you.