[Xymon] rrdtool + terabithia

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Tue Oct 18 00:20:38 CEST 2016

On 10/17/2016 12:08 PM, Galen Johnson wrote:

> Hey,
>

> Just curious if the terabithia rpms will work properly with the
> rrdtool that is available with Centos 7 (1.4.8) or if they must have
> the version from terabithia (1.5.5).  Updating to Cent7 and figured
> this would be an ideal opportunity to use JC's RPMs.
>

> thanks

In theory, this should work as there was no SONAME change, and
installing 1.5.x rrdtool RPMs hasn't caused any problems I'm aware of
with other EL7 packages that were built against the older, standard
ones. A yum downgrade also worked successfully for me just now and
hasn't shown any obvious problems (yet)...

That being said, due to the performance improvements most of my testing
has definitely been with the 1.5x branch.

HTH,
-jc