[Xymon] Page level conn status Purple, test level status Green

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Sat Oct 15 02:57:28 CEST 2016

On Thu, October 13, 2016 2:36 pm, Boldt, David wrote:
> On the Display page we have a server where the conn test is persistently
> Purple,
> but if one clicks on the status, the detailed Status page shows Green.

*snip*

> I'm not clear enough on how the status that is seen for an individual test
> is
> propagated up to a page view to know where to look when there is a
> conflict.

David,

This is typically a sign that there's a problem with xymongen not being
able to overwrite the display page with the most current status. Check the
timestamp on the top of the Display page and compare it with the current
status by clicking through to the Status page. If it's more than whatever
the INTERVAL is configured for xymongen in tasks.cfg, there's likely
something unusual going on.

As a sanity check, pull up the status history page to verify that the
status message actually *is* coming through properly.... If you see
alternating purple/green's, there's probably a different problem, but I
suspect it's more a xymongen issue.

Check out any errors in xymongen.log either in retrieving the current
board status from xymond or in writing updated pages out to your web
directory.

Are you seeing this on an assortment of pages? And are there any unusual
warnings on the 'xymongen' status page itself for this server?

Regards,
-jc