[Xymon] telnet test leaving port hung.

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Mon Nov 28 17:50:24 CET 2016

Sounds to me like the xymon server is disconnecting from the Cisco, and the Cisco is missing it.

Is this an expect script doing the test? Perhaps you aren't disconnecting gracefully?

From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of KING, KEVIN
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2016 10:26 AM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: [Xymon] telnet test leaving port hung.

Xymon folks,

I am running Xymon 4.3.10 and I am seeing an issue with the telnet test going to a Cisco term server (router with async cards to serial device). Randomly the term server will hang and show a refuse connection. We the term server is checked the hung session came from the Xymon server. When I check the Xymon server netstat I do not show a connection to the term server. I get the term server port cleared and we are ok again.
Anyone see this behavior?

-Kevin

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.