[Xymon] Xymon installation comes up with empty graphs

Hauke Fath hf at spg.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Nov 8 13:24:38 CET 2016

On 11/03/16 14:44, Hauke Fath wrote:
> a xymon 4.3.27 installation I set up a while back generally works, but
> comes up with all blank graphs.

Digging into it some more, I have

#!/bin/sh
rrd="/var/xymon/rrd/Gurgler/tcp.ssh.rrd"

rrdtool graph "/tmp/rrd-ssh-output.png" \
     --width=800 -v "ssh response time" \
     -s 'now-48h' -e now \
DEF:time1=${rrd}:sec:AVERAGE \
LINE2:time1#FF0000:time1

creating a proper graph (for the fun of it:
<https://www2.nt.tu-darmstadt.de/~hf/xymon/rrdtool-graph-output.png>).

On the other hand,

#!/bin/sh
REQUEST_METHOD=GET
SCRIPT_NAME=showgraph.sh
QUERY_STRING="host=Gurgler&color=green&service=tcp%3aconn&graph_height=120&graph_width=576&disp=Gurgler&nostale&graph=daily&action=view"

export REQUEST_METHOD SCRIPT_NAME QUERY_STRING

showgraph.cgi \
     --env=/etc/pkg/xymon/xymonserver.cfg \
     | tail -n +4 > /tmp/showgraph-output.png

leaves me with an empty graph - see
<https://www2.nt.tu-darmstadt.de/~hf/xymon/showgraph-output.png>.

Adding --debug doesn't bring up anything helpful; --save does not write
anything, fwiw.

For sh!ts and giggles, and to rule out pkgsrc artefacts, I installed
xymon from the distribution sources, and got identical results..This
needed a few NetBSD specific patches, which I saw the pkg maintainer had
sent to the list before, but they were never incorporated -- what is the
accepted way to submit patches?

I do not at this point have a comprehensive mental image of xymon's
inner workings, so hints and pointers would be very helpful.

Cheerio,
hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
      Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281