[Xymon] Page or swap Rate

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Nov 4 22:11:49 CET 2016

Ken

On Thu, 20 Oct 2016, 16:39 ken schweiker <kenschweiker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can I display my servers page swap rates in Xymon?

Yes, it's open source so anything is possible. ;-)

As something like the sar command ; sar -W -f

I think some OSes have support for this already. Or maybe I've hacked so
many xymon installs, I longer remember what comes out of the box. What OS
are you running?

The standard way of graphing custom data is to follow the instructions in
the doco for custom graphs:
http://xymon.sourceforge.net/xymon/help/howtograph.html

This is typically done client-side.

You can also extend the client side to simply supplement the client data
(eg to add a [paging] section), and then write a server-side script to
parse and process on behalf of the client, feeding into xymond locally.

If you develop a script to do this, consider putting it up on xymonton so
others can benefit.