[Xymon] IT'S ALIVE!!!! Now for the fun questions......

John Langbein bigbandjohn at gmail.com
Tue May 24 19:58:42 CEST 2016

Hi.

Thanks to everyone yesterday. The quick response got my graphing up and
running. I would be happy to document the CentOS 7.x install session when I
do the official build and provide it for the wiki if anyone is interested.
There are some minor differences with firewall commands and using services
instead of the old initd vs. CentOS 6.x.

Now I have 2 new questions - in the more general vein:

1) is there a bundle for the xymon client such that you don't have to build
on every server you install on? The reason I ask is that most of our
servers are barebones in production (only what is absolutely required). Mix
of RHEL and AIX. Worst case I would bundle the directory which I made the
client in between servers and do a "make install", but only as a last
resort.

2) There are a couple administration add-ons for xymon. Would like advice
if any are worth installing in your opinions.

look forward to the feedback.

John Lahngbein