[Xymon] Bug in client data handling in 4.3.27

Jonathan Trott jtrott at dancrai.com
Tue May 24 01:07:05 CEST 2016

Hi.

We are in the process of migrating xymon from a CentOS 5 server running
4.3.16 to a CentOS 7 server running 4.3.27-1 (terabithia-xymon) and have
run into a bug while testing the new install.
I have setup a third box with a xymonproxy to allow delivery to both
servers at the same time to reduce downtime for the migration of the 200GB
or so of historical data.
Both servers have identically setup hosts.cfg with almost all clients
listed in include and dspinclude (for layout reasons) files.
This was working fine in 4.3.16 but on 4.3.27 it works fine for bbwin
clients, but not for xymon-client or hobbit-client clients on linux.
For the linux clients I get the new clientlog green diamond showing up
(once I modified the include file to end in .cfg and added
ALLOWALLCONFIGFILES="TRUE" to xymonserver.cfg) but all the other client
tests stay purple.
If I move one of the linux clients from an include file into the main
hosts.cfg file it starts behaving normally.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
JT