[Xymon] disk graph page limits total file systems

EDSchminke at Hormel.com EDSchminke at Hormel.com
Mon May 23 21:46:21 CEST 2016

Another update for this topic:

I added 100 file systems to a couple systems to see what would happen with
the graphs.  The target systems were different from the one that spawned
this topic.

When I added 100 file systems to a Linux (RHEL 6.6) system, all file
systems were reported/graphed on the disk page.
When I added 100 file systems to an AIX (v7.1) system, file systems were
truncated; although at a different point.  120 of 132 file systems were
represented..

I don't understand why they're so different.  Comparing the df portions of
the messages from each of the systems do not reveal any obvious
differences.

I'd really appreciate some suggestions for debugging.  What commands I can
run manually that the disk page is running internally.  I've looked at the
code, but haven't quite figured out what's going on in there; my C skills
are rubbish.

Erik D. Schminke | Associate Systems Programmer
Hormel Foods Corporation | One Hormel Place | Austin, MN 55912
Phone: (507) 434-6817
edschminke at hormel.com | www.hormelfoods.com