[Xymon] email link in alerts

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Wed May 11 00:39:27 CEST 2016

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 1:33 AM usa ims via Xymon <xymon at xymon.com> wrote:

> How can I change the email URLS in the alert emails?
>
> I want to change
>
> See
> http://narfy/xymon-cgi/svcstatus.sh?HOST=IllinoisAPI&SERVICE=IllinoisApiTest

> See
> http://192.168.1.40/xymon-cgi/svcstatus.sh?HOST=IllinoisAPI&SERVICE=IllinoisApiTest
> <http://narfy/xymon-cgi/svcstatus.sh?HOST=IllinoisAPI&SERVICE=IllinoisApiTest>

The link is generated from the XYMONWEBHOST environment variable.  You
could change it in your xymonserver.cfg file, but that will mean all of
your browser links will change also.  This may not be desirable.

An alternative might be to inject a stream editor between Xymon and your
mail client.  For instance, set MAIL like so:

MAIL="sed 's/narfy/192.168.1.40/' | $MAILC -s"

I haven't tested this, but many have used a similar technique for modifying
their email alerts, for example, stripping newlines, as mentioned here:

http://lists.xymon.com/archive/2013-March/037159.html

Cheers
Jeremy