[Xymon] Patch for including directories in hosts.cfg

David Baldwin david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au
Thu Mar 31 03:10:20 CEST 2016

My workaround to this is to edit devmon.cfg

BBHOSTS=/home/xymon/server/bin/bbhostshow|

It works because perl is just doing 'open BBFILE, $bbfile' which will
work just as well on stdout of a pipe as a file name :)

David.
> Hi Paul,
>

> Nice !  I always work around this limitation of devmon by putting all
> my snmp devices altogether in a single config file under
> /etc/xymon/hosts.d/
>
> Maybe you could submit this patch to the devmon-devel mailing list ?
> Devmon project has been quite active over the last weeks, maybe we'll
> get a new -beta- version one day...
>

> Cheers,
> Francois.
>

> Le 29/03/2016 18:16, Root, Paul T a écrit :
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>                 I just reorganized my xymon hosts.cfg to use
>> directories to better organize my machines.  I completely forgot
>> devmon –readbbhosts.
>>

>>                 So I made a quick change to dm_config.pm to pick up
>> *.cfg files in directories.
>>

>> *** dm_config.pm        Tue Mar 29 10:35:58 2016
>>
>> --- /usr/local/devmon/modules/dm_config.pm      Fri Jan 23 09:41:27 2009
>>
>> ***************
>>
>> *** 1267,1274 ****
>>
>>             next FILEREAD;
>>
>>         }
>>

>> - #       print "working on $bbfile\n";
>>
>> -
>>
>>        # Now interate through our file and suck out the juicy bits
>>
>>         FILELINE: while ( my $line= <BBFILE> ) {
>>
>>           chomp $line;
>>
>> --- 1267,1272 ----
>>
>> ***************
>>
>> *** 1287,1311 ****
>>
>>             push @bbfiles, $file;
>>
>>           }
>>

>> -          # Check for directory includes
>>
>> -               if($line =~ /^\s*(?:disp|net)?directory\s+(.+)$/i) {
>>
>> -                       my $directory = $1;
>>
>> -                  # Tack on our etc dir if this isn’t an absolute path
>>
>> -                       $directory = "$etcdir/$directory" if
>> $directory !~ /^\//;
>>
>> -      #                 print "reading $directory\n";
>>
>> -
>>
>> -                  # Add the file to our read array
>>
>> -               opendir (DIR, $directory) || warn "Cannot open
>> $directory\n";
>>
>> -                       my $file;
>>
>> -                       while ($file = readdir (DIR)) {
>>
>> -                          # I name all config files with a .cfg
>>
>> -                               if (grep (/\.cfg/, $file)) {
>>
>> -                                       push @bbfiles, $directory .
>> '/' . $file;
>>
>> -                               }
>>
>> -                       }
>>
>> -                       close (DIR);
>>
>> -               }
>>
>> -
>>
>>          # Else see if this line matches the ip/host bb-hosts format
>>
>>           elsif($line =~ /^\s*(\d+\.\d+\.\d+\.\d+)\s+(\S+)(.*)$/i) {
>>
>>             my ($ip, $host, $bbopts) = ($1, $2, $3);
>>
>> --- 1285,1290 ----
>>

>> Devmon version 0.3.1-beta1.
>>

>> *Paul Root*
>>
>> Lead Engineer
>>
>> CenturyLink Network Reliability Operations Center
>>

>> 390 Commerce Dr

> [...]

David Baldwin - Senior Systems Administrator (Datacentres + Networks)
Digital Information Management and Technology
Australian Sports Commission          http://ausport.gov.au
Tel 02 62147830 Fax 02 62141830       PO Box 176 Belconnen ACT 2616
david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au          1 Leverrier Street Bruce ACT 2617
Our Values: RESPECT + INTEGRITY + TEAMWORK + EXCELLENCE

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport visit http://www.ausport.gov.au

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.