[Xymon] DURATION not working as expected

Johan Sjöberg johan.sjoberg at deltait.se
Tue Mar 22 15:39:12 CET 2016

Hi,
We are having problems with the DURATION setting in alerts.cfg, that it doesn't work as expected. The problem is that DURATION counts the time since the test went from OKCOLOR to ALERTCOLOR, and not the time since the alert-triggering color started. This means that if you have the default setting, with yellow as an ALERTCOLOR, and configure SMS alerts for red color with a certain DURATION, SMS will be sent to escalation teams immediately if a test is yellow for more than DURATION, and then goes red. If I configure an alert for red color, I would expect it to start counting the DURATION from when the red color was triggered.
Is there some easy hack I can do to change this behavior? The current workaround is to have yellow as an OKCOLOR, but that means we cannot set up any alerts for yellow, and we cannot ack yellow tests.

Regards,
Johan