[Xymon] 4.3.26 build fail

Matthew Daubenspeck matt at oddprocess.org
Fri Mar 18 18:51:49 CET 2016

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 10:40:00AM -0700, J.C. Cleaver wrote:
> Dumb question, but does 'openssl' include the development files as well
> then on Arch? (Presumably, since it's worked before for you.)

Yes it does. Package contents can be seen here if necessary:

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/core/x86_64/openssl/files/

> Is it possible this is related to mitigation for DROWN or another openssl
> issue taken within Arch to disable SSLv3? I seem to recall a recent set of
> updates causing some unexpected ABI changes (functions disappearing
> without any stub replacements) on several distributions.

I am assuming you are correct. They have a git commit commented with
"Let's try without SSLv3, too" on 2016-03-01.

http://tinyurl.com/zherj2c

> Can you see if a previous known-working release tarball recompiles
> successfully on this system?

Just tried the already installed version, 4.3.24, and it fails the exact
same way.